DigitalGlobe Product Owner in Westminster, Colorado
Please review the job details below.
Senior Product Owner
As a Senior Product Owner and member of an Agile development Scrum team, you will
· Develop a vision for using geospatial technology as part of a world-class infrastructure to help DigitalGlobe deliver better products and more value to our customers.
· Represent the needs of both internal and external customers to the development teams.
· Define user criteria and operations support for the delivery of this geospatial information and products.
· Use the Agile Software Development Life Cycle to facilitate system baseline changes, taking ownership of the solution we will build to meet the requirements we learn our customer organizations
· Work directly with other product owners, system engineers, program managers, developers, testers, and customers to define features and technical user stories
· Communicate and collaborate with other Scrum teams to define, track and integrate components and services that interact to create domain and enterprise solutions.
· Develop feature-level design documents and review these documents to demonstrate the ability to frame all requirements fulfilled by this feature, as well as capture all external dependencies needed to realize this feature.
· Work directly with the Chief Product Owner (CPO) and Release Train Engineer to size, prioritize and plan the implementation for features and user stories.
· Ensure quality by helping to deliver and providing traceability for design documentation, feature descriptions, user stories, test cases, and operational training material.
· Demo the team’s products to stakeholders and customers
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems,Computer \Information Systems, or similar study. An advanced degree in one of these fields is preferred.
· Four years related engineering or operations experience with increasing responsibilities.
· Working knowledge of Agile development principles and best practices
· Knowledge of geospatial technologies
· Basic knowledge of information systems architecture
· Proven ability to work cross-functional problems and solutions (Systems Engineering, Operations, Development, Test , IT infrastructure, and Architecture)
· Demonstrated ability to work with multidisciplinary teams, take ownership of deliverables, and drive assigned tasks to completion
· Proficiency with requirements management processes and tools
· Experience with developing computer software (analysis or design) is a plus.
· Excellent listening, written and oral communication skills
· Strong sense of self-motivation essential – must be willing to be actively involved in the details of the system design and operability
· Ability to make contributions to the vision and overall architecture roadmap
· Successfully multi-task to handle multiple priorities
· Must be a problem solver with sound judgment and decision-making skills.
· Able to lead design sessions with internal clients from user interface to back office with an emphasis on the geospatial segment of the system
· Track record of managing client expectations to ensure realistic deliverables and then exceeding those expectations
· Ability to pursue and resolve project and product issues independently
· Natural curiosity and ability to continually learn about our evolving complex system
· Strong teamwork and collaborative skills
· Passionate about developing market leading solutions and driving adoption by technology partners
· US citizenship required; currently hold or able to obtain US Government clearance
· System performance measuring and tuning experience
· Full knowledge of modern development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
· Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) is a plus
· Service Oriented Architecture experience is a plus
· Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems
· Knowledge of Geospatial Image Processing technology
· Web services experience helpful
· Software development / Systems Design experience
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.
DigitalGlobe is a leading provider of commercial high-resolution earth observation and advanced geospatial solutions that help decision makers better understand our changing planet in order to save lives, resources and time. Sourced from the world’s leading constellation, our imagery solutions deliver unmatched coverage and capacity to meet our customers’ most demanding mission requirements. Each day customers in defense and intelligence, public safety, civil agencies, map making and analysis, environmental monitoring, oil and gas exploration, infrastructure management, navigation technology, and providers of location-based services depend on DigitalGlobe data, information, technology and expertise to gain actionable insight.
DigitalGlobe is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.