DigitalGlobe Product Owner in Westminster, Colorado
Please review the job details below.
Due to our continued growth and success we are currently seeking an experienced Product Owner (PO) as an individual contributor for our RAster Products Innovation and Delivery (RAPID) directorate. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable of Systems Engineering (SE) and SE artifacts, and is expected to leverage their GIS experience to quickly learn all aspects of our imagery production systems. This includes discovery and ordering, image processing, data management, quality control, web hosting, and distribution. Within our Agile hierarchy of Initiatives, Capabilities, Features, and User Stories, RAPID PO’s are responsible for taking ownership of their scrum team’s backlog, the priority for each of its user stories, and a rapidly developing understanding of the domain in which the scrum team works. A PO often takes ownership of a number of Features that are destined to be addressed by their own scrum team.
• Support the Agile Software Development Life Cycle process used to facilitate system baseline changes, taking ownership of those deliverables expected from the customer organization
• Ensure quality by managing component-level requirements providing traceability to design documentation, test cases, and operational training material.
• Work directly with other product owners, system engineers, program managers, developers, testers, and customers to define technical user stories to effect an optimal system design implementation
• Understand and often create Functional Flows, with the ability to frame all requirements inside those flows.
• Work directly with internal software development teams as well as 3rd party software vendors
• Develop as-built design documents for software components
• Ability to continually learn about our evolving complex system
• Ability to make contributions to the vision and overall architecture roadmap
• Proven ability to work with multidisciplinary teams, take ownership of deliverables, and drive assigned tasks to completion
• Support and often design sessions with internal clients from user interface to back office with an emphasis on the geospatial segment of the system
• Manage client/customer expectations to ensure realistic deliverables and then exceed those expectations
• Ability to pursue and resolve project and product issues independently
• Other duties as assigned
• Significant knowledge of Agile development principles and best practices
• Experienced with geospatial production operations workflow management systems
• Full knowledge of multiple development methodologies (Waterfall, Spiral, Scrum/Agile)
• Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems, Business, or similar study
• Five to seven years related engineering or operations experience with increasing responsibilities
• Currently hold or able to obtain US Government clearance
• Proficiency with requirements management processes and tools
• Previous experience in a complex product industry
• Experience implementing software security standards is a plus
• Experience working with SysML and Model-Based Systems Engineering frameworks
• Medium to extensive systems engineering and operations experience
• System performance measuring and tuning experience
• Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) is a plus
• Service Oriented Architecture experience is a plus
• Web services experience is a plus
• Software development experience is a plus
DigitalGlobe offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.
DigitalGlobe is a leading provider of commercial high-resolution earth observation and advanced geospatial solutions that help decision makers better understand our changing planet in order to save lives, resources and time. Sourced from the world’s leading constellation, our imagery solutions deliver unmatched coverage and capacity to meet our customers’ most demanding mission requirements. Each day customers in defense and intelligence, public safety, civil agencies, map making and analysis, environmental monitoring, oil and gas exploration, infrastructure management, navigation technology, and providers of location-based services depend on DigitalGlobe data, information, technology and expertise to gain actionable insight.
DigitalGlobe is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.